Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Found my old friend - Chan Swee Fook

So, it's Deepavali again. On the eve of Deepavali (16/10/09) I received a sms from my secondary school friend, Chan Swee Fook. He is visiting me with his family. I was very delighted to hear that. I responded immediately.

I met Chan at the Kluang bus station last year during the Hari Raya holidays. That is the first time I am meeting him after a fifteen years search. Since then, we had several short telephone conversations but, didn't get the opportunity to meet up.

I told my sister to cook Tomato Rice as most Chinese love Indian curry, especially mutton curry and "beriyani rice".

The following day Chan reached my house with his family at around 2.30p.m. His elder son, who is fourteen, looks almost like him when he was the same age.

We had a long chat. Looks like both of us were on the same boat. Both of us went through a lot of hardship until the recent years. He is now working in Singapore as a Traffic Light Technician. He rushes back to Kluang in the weekends. That explains why it took us almost a year to meet up. I also got a lead from him on Morli's (a mutual friend) whereabouts. We spoke for about 2 hours and Chan left around 5p.m. promising to meet up again.

This is a beautiful year for me. I managed to get in touch with most of my old friends. First, it was Chan. Then, Zam-Zam. Through Zam-Zam I found Ravindran and through Ravindran I found Amurthasamy. I hope to find Morli in the near future.

No comments: